Tuesday 12 July 2011

I need soap

That was what I heard from little man yesterday. It was the last straw for me. He didn't really need soap, he only wanted it because he saw me using it and he is obsessed with washing his hands. So I tell him no, mummy only needed it because I cut up the raw chicken and it's yucky. So what did he do....he touched the chicken then told me he touchd it so now he has to wash his hands. He drags his little chair over to the sink and tries to reach the tap but can't so he's leaning further and further knocking things over as he goes. Puts soap on his hands then and holds them under the tap, but then turns the tap up harder. OOh hang on now he's spotted the medicine syringe for his anti biotics, over to the fridge he heads and silly me forgot to lock it. He insists on getting it himself but I won't allow it. I fill the syringe with the correct amount of 2.5ml and he takes it (thankfully, as the first couple days he would refuse it then spit it out). Oh no, now the syringe is dirty so back up on the chair we go to wash the syringe. The water is going hard and going everywhere so i turn it down, but he yells at me for doing so because he is trying to clean the syringe. I offer to help but no, he screams at me again. Then he gets the soap again and pumps it out to wash the syringe. I tell him that's the soap for our hands, jsut use water. Little man gets frustrated as the syringe is difficult to clean properly and he starts screaming out in frustration. I'm frustrated because he was so repetitive in his " i need soap" "i  need soap" over and over again. No matter how many times I told him no he persisted and persisted. As we are both spirited beings we both get easily frustrated so the whole thing just boiled over until i removed him from his chair, removed the chair and threw the syringe back in the sink. Not long after, he got his raffie ( soft giraffe toy), dummy and my ipod and had a 2 hour sleep on the lounge. I breathed a sigh of relief

No comments:

Post a Comment